Monday, September 8, 2008

Letting off steam..

Doesn't it make you so angry when people attack your husband? Oh it makes me so mad... lol. There are people that left our church and caused division (and the people they're following) that are accusing Vince of being the bad guy. They call him a wimp (they say he does everything his wife tells him to do), they say he doesn't know what a Biblical pastor is (because they think our pastors are wicked and ungodly), they say he plays video games all day and listens to rock music (he does neither!), and the list goes on. It just makes me so mad. They also say he shouldn't be allowed on Youtube because they think our pastors told him not to, which is not true. Oh, and the best part is... they say things like "you need prayer" or "you need to get right with God" or "REPENT!!!!!!!!", as if they're some kind of authority. Yeah, sure, whatever.

On the other side, I've got family members that say my husband is too controlling (because he's protecting me from the bad things they say about me). Of course, I haven't read those emails because Vince doesn't want me to see them. I don't want to read them, either. It'll hurt too much.

Why do people have to be so mean? Ugh...

3 comments:

Rachel said...

:( Sounds like those folks that left your church are the ones who need serious prayer. Consider I kind of know the reason they left I know the DEFINITELY need prayer. Wow...I can see they have such a kind a sweet attitude and will be praying with a clean heart for you and your husband (sarcasm). The best thing to do would probably be to thank them for their prayers and say "sure! we all need all the prayer we can get." Yes, when someone attacks your beloved it hurts more than when someone attacks you. I suppose it's because as a wife you should love your husband more than you love yourself so he becomes dearer to you than your own flesh.

Just keep loving your guy and praying for those people. They need it.

Katy-Anne Binstead said...

Yeah I understand, although my husband has had to put up with people attacking me more than me putting up with people attacking him. It's hard all the same.

Rachel said...

It's especially hard when it's someone you really thought wouldn't stoop to the level of lame and dishonest criticism. Especially when it's family or when they fail to truly apologize for what they say.