Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Not good news

I woke up this morning and I noticed that Vince was still up, later than usual. I could just tell something was bothering him... so I asked him about it, and he told me that all the temps at his job are going to be laid off as of January 1st. (this means this is his last week, because of Christmas/New Years vacation.. which is unpaid anyway)

I was hoping to apply for a part-time job at H&R Block starting in January, but since I don't know what's going to happen with Vince's job situation and I don't know what kind of schedule he'll have when he does get a job, I can't really start a new job like that. I just hope I don't get all stressed out like I did last time he was unemployed...

Guess I just had to vent. I hope the rest of you have a nice day. :-)

6 comments:

Rachel said...

I'll be praying for you guys. I know it's so hard especially this time of year. My dad went through the same thing often when I was at home.

Applying for a job at H&R is a good idea! Just let them know that you may have to adjust your schedule and ask them up front if it would be a problem.

Kathie said...

Thanks, Rachel! I might just do that. Especially since I worked there last year, even though it was in a different part of the country. I heard that it's easier for people to get a job there if they've already worked for H&R Block the year before. Plus, getting our taxes done for free can't hurt!

Rachel said...

Yeah! That would be a blessing!

Jessica said...

I'm so sorry to hear that. My husband is a temp too. And they have talked about laying off temps at his job (in fact they have already let one go in the past few weeks). It scares me to death! I know the Lord will provide. But still, any time your husband is at risk of losing his job.... it's scary! My husband is off for 2 weeks without pay as well. Originally it was suppossed to be one week, and the company decided (very recently, and unexpectedly) that they would just take two!) That is hard, half a month with no pay! Agh!! :(

I'll be praying for yall. I hope everything works out.

Katy-Anne Binstead said...

I remember what six weeks with no pay was like while my husband got situated in a new job. The church helped us out a lot during that time.

arielle said...

Sorry to hear about this! I'll pray for you guys...