Saturday, July 5, 2008

Too long...

Wow, it's been a whole month since I last posted!! Yikes!

It's been pretty busy around here. I think my main reason for not blogging as much as I used to is because I just don't think the same way anymore. I'm so much more focused on married life, and not so interested in the internet. It's just a hobby now, less important than it was before.

Anyhow, I'm actually in a blogging mood tonight, so I guess that's a good thing! We just got back from Richmond, IN for a shopping trip. We always do our major grocery shopping at Meijer. In fact, we'd rather drive 15 miles away to get there instead of going down the street to Walmart. (in case you didn't know, we DON'T shop at Walmart!)

I'm really excited right now... because I'm trying to plan what colors I want to paint different rooms in this apartment. Right now I've got the computer room figured out. If things go the way I'm planning, it'll be totally black and white. I want to paint the walls white and the trim black. We've already got some furniture that matches that decor, so it won't be too expensive. Plus, I'm really getting good at finding neat things at garage sales and the thrift store! I'm also going to get black frames and get some of our photos printed in black and white, just to add more personality to the room.

Oh, and speaking of the rooms in our house... my mother-in-law found a really cute clock at the thrift store that matches the coffee theme in my kitchen! We were there during the "50% off week" sale, and the clock was marked at $1.50 so I got it for 75 cents!!!!! It just needed a AA battery and it works great... and looks perfect in my kitchen!

So that's my blog for tonight.... I'll try to keep posting more often. I can't make any promises though! :-)

2 comments:

Katy-Anne Binstead said...

Decorating is so much fun, isn't it?

Rachel said...

I'm glad you blogged again! :) Blogging is fun fun fun...so much better than emailing every single person I want to keep in touch with all the time. I'm glad to hear about some of the cool things going on in your life..it's awesome!