Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Grocery shopping and saving money

Yesterday, I had the best grocery shopping trip ever. I made a list before I went, planning some meals for the week. Then, I checked the ads online for a couple different stores in town (we have Kroger and Marsh. I won't buy meat at this Kroger though... Vince has been in their back room and told me not to ever buy meat there). Anyhow... I got most of my non-perishable foods at Kroger since a lot of them were on sale, and then I stopped at a store owned by German Baptists that sells spices in bulk for a really good price, and I got some chili powder for the chili I was making last night. Then I went to Marsh and got most of the stuff on sale.

I got a lot of food for less than $50. It was so awesome!

3 comments:

Katy-Anne Binstead said...

Yeah stuff like that is so awesome, isn't it?

Centsible.net said...

A good place to compare prices is centsible.net's list of grocer's websites online

Check it out - and congrats on saving (as well as on being a happy wife)! Feel free to check out the rest of my site as well if you'd like.

Rachel said...

It was fun talking about frugal tips yesterday! You shoudl post up all the ones you know and we can comment with ours too. I love stuff like this because it helps me stretch the dollars!