Saturday, August 16, 2008

Surprise birthday party!

So... a few days ago, Vince started asking me what I want for my birthday. I hate telling people what to get me, because it just ruins the surprise, and I'm just going to tell them not to give me anything because I don't like making people spend money on me... so I just said "I don't know." He's been asking me what I want for my birthday like every day, and all along I've just been thinking "I just want someone to surprise me!!!".

Last night we went to a surprise birthday party for another girl (she's exactly one day older than me... her birthday is Tuesday and mine is Wednesday... we're the same age). I was secretly a little jealous because no one had ever surprised me with a party before. Whenever my mom tried to plan a surprise party, I always caught her talking to someone on the phone about it so I never got surprised. So... that was my one birthday wish - to have a surprise party. (I don't care if I don't get gifts or a cake or any of that... that's more fun when you're a kid anyway... hehe)

Anyhow... we'd been planning all this week to go to Vince's parents house tonight, just to hang out. We do that almost every week, so it's not a bit unusual. When we got there, Jillian and Audrey (Vince's sisters) ran outside to say hi to us. That happens every time, too, so I didn't suspect anything. I had no clue that it was a birthday party until everyone jumped out of hiding (when we walked in the door) and started singing "Happy Birthday". It was the most awesome surprise birthday party ever! Vince's mom made a homemade ice cream cake (it was SO good!!!) and I got a few gifts... but most of the time we were just playing a card game and then practicing a song that us young people (17-20 yr olds) are gonna sing in church someday.

So... Vince did it. He got me exactly what I wanted for my birthday, and I never even told him. (Seriously, how do you tell someone you want a surprise? That would pretty much ruin it... hehe)

He's such an awesome husband. =)

3 comments:

Rachel said...

That's so sweeet! :) My first surprise birthday party was given by my parents for my 18th. It was so special. :) That's sweet of your hubby and parents to have thought of you..and how much you (apparently) love surprises!!

Katy-Anne Binstead said...

Sounds like that was awesome!

arielle said...

Aw that was sweet of him :)