Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Cooking...

Tonight I made supper on my own for the first time... without any help at all. Every other time I've cooked something, I've had help from someone (usually my husband... he's more experienced in cooking than I am!!). Tonight was different, though. I made pork chops all on my own. I never realized how much joy there was in cooking until my husband told me how delicious it was. The best part is, he wasn't just trying to make me feel good about it... I had actually cooked a good meal (I thought it tasted good too.... lol).

The thing I hate about cooking is all the dishes I have to do afterwards. Then I get happy when all the dishes are clean and my kitchen looks neat and tidy. :-)

I still totally love being married!! :-)

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Cooking for your sweetie is one of the great things about being married. It is a way to show your love for him. :)

Awesome that you're doing it on your own now. Whee!! Dishes are horrible, but oh well, it's part of life. :P

Katy-Anne Binstead said...

Eww I can't stand pork, but that's awesome that it tasted great to you guys. Good on you for cooking. Hey my husband had to teach me a lot about cooking too lol. He had to teach me a lot about a lot of things, but now that I can do some of those things on my own, I enjoy them more.

I don't like dishes either, especially when I don't have a dishwasher and my belly is so fat that I spill water down my belly every time I do them. They are a necessary evil though and if you stay on top of them it helps.