Saturday, October 25, 2008

Hatred.

Today, I feel the need to blog about something that's really bothering me right now. It's the hatred that some Christians have toward another brother in Christ. 

I just got back from reading a thread on a forum (many of you know which one I'm talking about, so I won't mention names). The opening post was valid for discussion, and states the information without getting too personally involved. Sure, the poster was biased, but who isn't? I do not fault him for that. I was perfectly find with reading that post. That isn't the problem I wanted to discuss.

As I read further along the thread, some people posted some things that weren't just biased, they were completely hateful. It makes me sick to see anyone say anything so vicious. I just can't handle it. I have the sudden urge to read my Bible and clear this filth out of my head. This is worse than when I saw the comments vile atheists were making on a site where they mock Christians. This is Christians hating a fellow brother in Christ (though they want to believe he's unsaved; therefore, they want him to go to Hell... isn't that sick?). 

Please, anyone who reads this blog, please post something positive and encouraging today. I need to see some Christians say something positive, for a change. I'm sick and tired of hate-filled Christians. :(

Sincerely,

2 comments:

Rachel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rhonda in Chile said...

Hi! First time here, but understand completely what you are saying. Unfortunately many of us do not understand that God did not call us to FIGHT for the truth. Truth needs no defense. We are called to love. If someone disagrees with us, then we need to 1. Step back and ask if they are right. 2 If they are not right, then we need to pray that the Holy Spirit Himself will lead them to the truth. No fighting, lying, name-calling necessary!

God bless and encourage you today.